Last update:Tuesday, December 18, 2012 02:27:19 PM
FROM THE ABOVE AND FOLLOWING SITE S:
emotional freedom techniques
A tapping sequence
A "gamut" sequence for integrating right and left brain function
A repeat of the tapping sequence
Then you reassess the problem and repeat.
THE SET UP
SORE SPOT (pressure point ) T METHOD OR THE ׂ(KC)ׁ KARATE CHOP
SORE SPOT METHOD
two Sore Spots and it doesn't matter which one you use. They are located in the
upper left and right portions of the chest and you find them as follows:
Go to the
base of the throat about where a man ould knot his tie. Poke around in this area
and you will find a U shaped notch at the top of your sternum (breastbone). From
the top of that notch go down 3 inches toward your navel and over 3 inches to
your left (or right). You should now be in the upper left (or right) portion of
your chest. If you press vigorously in that area (within a 2 inch radius) you
will find a "Sore Spot." This is the place you will need to rub while
saying the affirmation.
is sore when you rub it vigorously because lymphatic congestion occurs there.
When you rub it, you are dispersing that congestion. Fortunately, after a few
episodes the congestion is all dispersed and the soreness goes away. Then you
can rub it with no discomfort whatsoever.
mean to overplay the soreness you may feel. It's not like you will have massive,
intense pain by rubbing this Sore Spot. It is certainly bearable and should
cause no undue discomfort. If it does, then lighten up your pressure a little.
Also, if you've had some kind of operation in that area of the chest or if there's any medical reason whatsoever why you shouldn't be probing around in that specific area then switch to the other side. Both sides are equally effective. In any case, if there is any doubt, consult your health practitioner before proceeding....or....tap the "Karate Chop" point instead
Rub the sore spot method in a cicular motion whilst repeating the setup phrase or the following:
KARATE CHOP METHOD
tapping the fleshy part of the side of your hand (KC point), typically where the
hand would make contact with a table if you were performing a Karate Chop. Tap
there continuously whilst saying "Even though I am upset with Joe
Bloggs (or whatever describes how you are feeling in your own
words....Frightened of xx /angry about xx), I deeply and completely accept
myself" And say that statement about 3 times whilst tapping on the KC
THE TAPPING SEQUENCE
Then tap half a dozen times on each of these following points whilst saying; The reminder phrase "Even though I'm am upset with Joe Bloggs, I accept
myself" (or how you are feeling in your own words):
and centre of your head.
(2) Beginning of the eyebrow (EB)- just off centre at bridge of nose.
(3) The out-side of the eye (SE) - where top and bottom eyelids meet.
(4) Under eye (UE) - on the orbit bone where you feel a little notch.
(5) Under the nose (UN)
(6) Under bottom lip (UL) - on the groove of the chin.
(7) Collarbone (CB)- just off centre from bottom of throat.
(8) Under your arm (UA) - roughly in line with where a ladies bra strap would go round.
(8a) Follow the thumb to the top of the bony part of the wrist (optional)
FOLLOWING (FINGER POINTS) ARE NOT USED ANYMORE
(9) On the outside edge of the thumbnail - by the base of the nail - Either hand
(10) On the outside edge of the index finger - by the base of the nail -
(11) On the edge of the long finger - by the base of the nail -
(12) On the inside edge of the baby finger - by the base of the nail -
(13) And finally back to the Karate Chop (KC) point again
9 GAMUT SEQUENCE
following actions are carried out whilst tapping on the Gamut point. It's
located on the back of either hand. Draw a point backwards about 1", down
the groove between the knuckle of the baby finger and the knuckle of the ring
finger. This is where you tap. This is the bit that's almost guaranteed to make
you feel silly! But there is a sensible reason for it....Honestly. It is
activating all the different areas of your brain. Left and right hemispheres.
Analytical thinking and artistic faculties, so bear with me.
for a few seconds with your eyes closed.
(2) Tap for a few seconds with your eyes open.
(3) Keep the head facing forwards but move the eyes to look hard down and to the right - keep tapping.
(4) Keep the head facing forwards but move the eyes to look hard down and to the Left - keep tapping.
(5) Keeping the head static, roll the eyes clockwise in a circular motion as though following the hands of a clock.
(6) Keeping the head static, roll the eyes Anti-clockwise in a circular motion as though following the hands of a clock.
(7) Hum for a few seconds ( Happy Birthday or Twinkle Twinkle are easy)
(8) Count from 1 to 5
(9) Hum again for a few seconds
a deep but gentle breath.
repeat the round of E.F.T tapping whilst repeating your statement, "Even
though I'm am upset with Joe Bloggs, I accept myself"
reassess how you feel. If you started on an 8 out of 10, has the level dropped
or even disappeared? If the issue has gone completely... Wonderful,
congratulations. If the issue has reduced but is still there at a lower level,
you need to adjust your SET UP STATEMENT then repeat all of the above.
might try something like "Even though I still have some remaining fear of/
anger at/ still a bit upset with Joe Bloggs, I deeply and completely
accept myself". The words, still have some remaining are important , as you
are changing the emphasis to the remaining issue. Go through the whole sequence
with the new statement and reassess your level again.
Below is a visual demonstration of the tapping technique.